[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 pinout

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Thu Jan 26 05:41:22 MST 2006

> Hi I'm looking for a pinout for the above.  Note this has
> what i'd call
> RJ45 sockets (or someone smart can correct me).  I need to
> plug into BT (rj13?).

Are you sure the TDM400 has RJ45 sockets? The pair I've got here have RJ12
sockets.

I assume with the mention of BT, you're in the UK. The line is on pins 2+5
of the BT connector, which'd usually translate to the 2 inner pins of an
RJ11 connector (pins 2+3). You should find an old modem cable will do the
job fine.

If your TDM400 really does have RJ45 sockets, then you'd expect the line to
be on the middle pins (pins 4+5), similar to a modtap used in structured
cabling environments.

Regards,

Chris