[Asterisk-Users] Want to automatically park call and have callerhear ring tones

Joseph Tanner joseph at thetechguide.com
Thu Jan 26 00:46:31 MST 2006

Having a dummy extension ring sounds like a great idea, but I'm not
sure how to implement it.  Can it ring the console if there's no
soundcard on the server?  Already ran into an issue with not having a
soundcard with ztmonitor, but was able to work around that.  Is there
another way to create a dummy extension?  If not, I have a couple old
sip boxes not in use (they don't support callerid with sip firmware,
so they're just doorstops now).  Guess I could set one of those up.

Thanks for the tip!