[Asterisk-Users] AAH 2.0 fax problems continued

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jan 25 13:36:23 MST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Dan Elder wrote:

> hey all, a followup from yesterday, not only are my incoming faxes blank,
> but they are also EXTREMELY small (like .4in wide), I've seen several people
> mention this problem in my searches, but no definative answer that works
> with the fax>email setup. Is there any resource that explains how AAH
> handles this or some tips for troubleshooting this issue? I've gotten
> several replies to my original  posting from people who also have the same
> problem, but none of us has a solution yet.

I tracked down the cause of the "funny size in some fax viewers".

I'm not so sure that's your problem though.

Anyway: spandsp puts the dimensions of the page in the tiff file using
dimensions of centimetres.  The alternative is to use inches (its a
different tag).

Some viewers don't understand the centimetres tag.

I did make a fix on the site where I hit the issue (and had time to look
at it).  I'll need to fetch that fix next time I'm there.

Steve