[Asterisk-Users] Looking for Q.Sig success story

Patrick Zwahlen zwahlen at partenaire.ch
Wed Jan 25 13:08:21 MST 2006

> I'm currently using Asterisk in front of an Alcatel 4400 PBX:
> PRI PSTN with DID --- Asterisk --- cross E1 cable ---
> Alcatel PBX I have problems only with Advices Of Charge (AOC)
> from my telco, that are not recognized and passed to Alcatel,
> breaking my billing application.
> I'm planning to put another Asterisk server with same setup
> at another site and connect them by a IAX trunk.
>
> I will be very happy to exchange some experience.

Hi Mimmus, and thanks for the quick reply.

It is actually very good to hear that most of it works. The difference
in my project is that we'll keep the PSTN link on the Alcatel, and use
the asterisk only as a inter-site trunking solution. The reason is that
I have no Alcatel knowledge (will rely on other people), and I want to
be as un-intrusive as possible. If you don't mind, I would have some
additional questions:

1) Can you confirm that Q.Sig is the only option for me ?
2) What hardware are you using on the Asterisk (Digium ?)

Once my pilot starts I may come back to you for some examples and
advice, but this probably won't happen before a month or so.

Thanks a lot, and best regards. - Patrick -