[Asterisk-Users] which gui for asterisk on web

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Wed Jan 25 02:55:35 MST 2006

We were looking for a web GUI recently, I did check out the demo of Voiceone but noticed that it doesn't / didn't yet support Zap so had to pass.

However Thirdlane had recently dropped their prices so after the 30day trial decided to give it a go.

http://www.thirdlane.com

We have been using it for a month on a very complex PBX, 50 extensions, 3 queues (two types of) and lots and lots of scripting.  My colleagues with zero Linux skills and beginner on asterisk administration have been able to do a number of minor configuration tasks without any help or instruction from me (adding phones / extensions / DDIs).
The email support has been very friendly and efficient.
The scripts included, although not to our needs, am sure would give the average user a very good start.  They are in the process of updating these scripts to 1.2.x.

However it isn't without its minor bugs and doesn't look as pretty as Voiceone, also have not looked into default user access for phone books and such (might not have this at all so that could be an issue for you).

Bugs / missing functionality include a problem on one field on one page with Firefox (hopefully get fixed soon) and having to add hints manually via the GUI's direct file editor.

Before this I was a staunch VI fan (think it's the geek within) but now I have been converted to a web gui life is much easier.

HTH

Alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.