[Asterisk-Users] ISDN D-channel disconnects for a minute every 5 minutes

Jeroen Zwarts bdjeroen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 25 02:49:18 MST 2006

I have a problem with Asterisk-bristuffed using a zaphfc card.

I am located in the Netherlands, so I have an ISDN line from KPN. When I
start Asterisk, and plug in the ISDN line, everything works perfectly for
about 5 minutes. And then the ISDN line is down for 1 minute, and after that
minute, the line comes back up and works for another 5 minutes. Every time
the line goes down I get the error message:

asterisktest kernel: zaphfc: received d channel frame with bad CRC.
asterisktest kernel: zaphfc: empty HDLC frame received.
asterisktest kernel: zaphfc: received d channel frame with bad CRC.

I have read the following thread about 2 Dutch guys having the same problem:

http://groups.google.nl/group/Asterisk-users/browse_thread/thread/db0d4bb4032216ad/472bc1ca4e156ab8

I have watched the output of  /proc/zaptel/1 closely with the command "while
true; do grep "(F" /proc/zaptel/1; sleep .1; done"
I can see the D-channel going to state F6 (DEACTIVATED) for a about 0.2
seconds every 10 seconds.
Then, after 5 minutes, the D-channel goes to state F6 (DEACTIVATED) for a
whole minute, and then returns to state F7 (ACTIVATED).

I have used Asterisk 1.2.0-Bristuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1 with the corresponding
florz patch and Asterisk 1.2.1-Bristuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1g with the
corresponding florz patch, but they both have the same problem.

I use Asterisk 1.0.9-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC8n as a live machine on the same NT1
with no problems at all. The D-channel goes down and up (like all KPN ISDN
lines do), but I have never had any problems with the machine not being
reachable or something.

When I have the "problematic" Asterisk 1.2.x testmachine on the same NT1
using another MSN-number, there is no problem. I can always reach the
testmachine, but as soon as the testmachine is the only machine on the NT1
box, and handling the main MSN-number, the above problem arises.

here's the essential part of my zaptel.conf. There is only one hfc-s card in
the machine.
-------------
span=1,1,3,ccs,ami
bchan=1-2
dchan=3
------------

and zapata.conf:
---------------
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=dynamic
prilocaldialplan=local
signalling=bri_cpe_ptmp
rxwink=300
cidsignalling=dtmf
channel => 1-2

Any input wille be much appreciated, because i'm a bit stuck here...

Thanks!

Jeroen Zwarts