[Asterisk-Users] FXS or VOIP

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 09:25:40 MST 2006

On 1/12/06, Colin Anderson <ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com> wrote:
> ... On my home setup the wife avoids using the SNOM's
> because it looks uber-intimidating and things like call transfer, park etc
> blows her mind, she doesn't get it. So I dusted off some Vista 350's I had...

(checking thread subject, looking both ways befiore crossing)

Indeed the women at our office want to know when the phones will be
available in something other than what Henry Ford called "several
colors, all of them black". The day I got a couple of cheap PA1688
white phones, they loved them ;) But I think they really want blue or
something like that.

You and I (again generic you) think the Ciscos and Polycoms are
neat-looking. More sensitive, yet very intelligent and competent
creatures think they look like relics from the militaro-industrial
society. In the best of all possible worlds, most of the complex
features would be removable. Fortunately on the Polycoms, several are.

A final point, as younger people come into the workplace, their
experience will be *cellular*, not pbx. All this "dial *89" will be
laughable. The company that sees this first will sweep the others into
a niche market in a few years... unless we're not using phones at all.