[Asterisk-Users] Hardware recommendations

Dane Reugger dane at downtownpc.com
Tue Jan 24 11:18:47 MST 2006

Maybe I am getting this wrong - every phone I look at says it handles a
given number of lines.

I don't want to spend the extra for 4 appearances when all I need is 2.
Where I must be missing something  is:

Imagine w/ have 2 appearances phones - no operator - the phones just ring.

Lets say a call comes in and its for Joe, Joe picks up
another call comes in, this time for Fred - he picks up
now a call comes for me - wouldn't their above calls occupy all of our
appearances?

If not I would think we would need some type of operator forwarding the
call to the phones instead of just having them ring.

Sorry, I'm not getting it - maybe I'm just too old fashioned. I'm trying
to do this as simply and economically as possibly w/o sacrificing quality.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

-Dane