[Asterisk-Users] G729a Pass-Through and Recording/Monitoring

Tue Jan 24 05:03:16 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 12:16 -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
> Is this also true for recording of calls?  Will I require licensing for
> each recorded call?  Will the server see a big performance hit in this
> setup whether or not a license is required?

In my experience (which was using asterisk 1.0.x at the time) you will
need:
1 license to decode the audio and send to your output (PSTN as alaw)
1 license to decode the audio and write to disk as gsm

Which seemed rather ..... non-optimal... perhaps that has changed in the
past 6 months or more though :)

Regards,
Adam