[Asterisk-Users] Bug in attended transfer or as expected?

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Mon Jan 23 23:49:12 MST 2006

Just so I understand is this the expected call flow?

- Receptionist picks up a call and wants to transfer
- Dials "*1" (attended transfer key)
- Transfer extension starts ringing
- New call comes in so receptionist decides to answer that one
- Receptionist dials "*0" to hang up the current call (expecting the
person on hold to be connected to the ringing extension)
- Original caller either gets answered or continues with the dial plan
for that extension (in my case that is forward back to the reception
queue after 30seconds)

If the receptionist decides to stop waiting for a ringing transfer, to
get the caller back she can dial "*2" which I think is good.

I still think that this should be much simpler and that hanging up an
attended transfer "mid transfer" should change it to being a blind
transfer.  Cutting off the caller instead is pretty terrible.

Thanks for the help

Alex

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.