[Asterisk-Users] canreinvite always =no * no matter what we try :-(

Steve Gladden Asterisk at MichiganBroadband.com
Mon Jan 23 23:02:10 MST 2006

> How are you testing if asterisk is in the media path?

Two ways:

One phone on a hub with ethereal on a laptop and watching the rtp
packets, pretty obvious that asterisk is staying in the media path.
and that the rtp i not coming from the other phone.

Way two, in the middle of an active/established call unplugging the
ethernet cable from the asterisk box
audio instantly dies on both phones when this occurs.
plug asterisk box back into it's ethernet termination....
audio comes right back.

Seems odd that these reinvites are supposed to magically occur
(from what I gather) and it only happens when the sun is shining
and everything is just right...

I'd like a way to force it or KNOW that it should be occuring
versus just expecting it to 'possibly' occur automatically if
all conditions are met and automatically detected.

Or maybe I have this all worng :-)

Thanks!
Steve