[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000 - the party's over :-(

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Jan 23 16:09:41 MST 2006

> > I can't speculate as to why their sales of Linksys/Sipura products have
> > been restricted, but as a Linksys VAD I can say we are not under any
> > such restriction at present.
>
> its pretty obvious, linksys/sipura are shifting to selling primarily to
> service providers who would provide service-locked ATAs to end users.
>
> sipura telegraphed their intent a long while back by withholding
> auto-provisioning documentation from anyone except service providers, and
> now they have completed the move by no longer allowing sales to end users
> at all.

That seems to be right in line with Chamber's objective to be a major
player in the home market. He's certainly not going approach that objective
by selling one/two devices at a time, so it makes sense he'd change the
sales/marketing approach to focus/lock-in higher volume customers/resellers
regardless of what the rest of us think.

That certainly isn't the last shoe to drop in the voip market; wait till
the next level(s) of announcements from Cisco.

If I were going to bet a couple bucks on this, I'd suggest the spa3000 will
disappear alltogether, and a replacement in the form of a linksys box with
a faster processor is not far behind.