[Asterisk-Users] make linux26

f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net f6hqz-m at hamwlan.net
Mon Jan 23 14:37:55 MST 2006

Hi Mike,

You must continue - for zaptel only - to "make linux26", as it is described
in the companion file "README.Linux26" in the Zaptel folder
(/usr/src/zaptel....).
Read the text from this file, as suggested in its title :

To build for Linux 2.6, first you must be sure that you have a
symlink to your linux-2.6 sources in /usr/src/linux-2.6.  The 2.6
kernel no longer needs the full sourcecode to build against it.  You
can create the symlink to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/ and then
you can type:

# make linux26
# make install

Note that you will also need CRC-CCITT functions compiled
with your kernel or as a kernel module.  These can be
selected from the "Library Routines" submenu during kernel
configuration via "make menuconfig"

It is a good habit to read all this "README..." files before to do
something, as it is important to read any user manual for any sofisticated
equipment  ;-)

Good luck !

Best Regards,
Francois BERGERET,