[Asterisk-Users] Polycom phones and dynamic IP for NAT

Bill Gibbs bgibbs at edurotech.com
Mon Jan 23 14:26:01 MST 2006

I know the Polycoms work with NAT, but you have to specify the public
IP.

Is there anyway for it to discover the external IP automatically?

I like the phones (been playing with a 301) but for some of our clients
who have a dynamic IP (and no hope of getting a static ie cable or
residential DSL) I'd be afraid to use them since you have to specify the
IP.

What about the Cisco phones?  Is the IP hard set?  Are there any good
"dynamic IP" compatible SIP phones that aren't crap?

Bill