[Asterisk-Users] G729a Pass-Through and Recording/Monitoring

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Mon Jan 23 10:16:52 MST 2006

Hello,

I am wondering about the ability of a server that is simply passing G729
through it to have the ability to record the calls.  I know for
voicemail, meetme, and things like that to work, a G729 license must be
installed on the machine since there is transcoding going on.

Is this also true for recording of calls?  Will I require licensing for
each recorded call?  Will the server see a big performance hit in this
setup whether or not a license is required?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro