[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom FW

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 01:11:19 MST 2006

On 1/23/06, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> > Further, Polycom SIP phones have the longest boot time of any phone
> > I've ever seen (something like 5 min, compared to a Sipure, less than
>
> Give a SIP based Cisco 79XX phone a try, just about as long in boot time.

Huh? My 7905 takes well under 10 seconds, including Asterisk
registration and NTP update. Granted, if it were DHCP it might take
marginally longer, but 5 _minutes_?

Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.