[Asterisk-Users] Snom 320 and message retrieve key

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Jan 22 15:44:15 MST 2006

On 16:19, Sun 22 Jan 06, David Hajek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found some issues with Snom 320 message retrieve key. This button
> works only when the MWI does not blink! If MWI
> blinks and I do press retrieve button  I get "Unknown" on display and
> busy tone. From the sip debug it looks like that Snom
> does not send credentials to Asterisk which responds with 407 Proxy Auth
> required.
>
> I have loaded Snom with latest 5 firmware. No change.
>
> I'm using Asterisk 1.0.9 and have not tried 1.2.X.
>
> Looks like this issue is related to
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4801?
>
> Does someone get Snom 320 retrieve button working with Asterisk 1.0.9?

Hi,

I've been battling with this too, both on 190 and 360
models. It looks like the button dials the exten you provide
in the webinterface as long as the MWI is off. when the MWI
is on, it will dial the user that sends the MWI. You can
configure this in sip.conf.

I didn't touch sip.conf but instead added some extra entries
in extensions.conf to go to voicemailmain:

exten => default,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => asterisk,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => unknown,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => Unknown,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})

Hope this helps.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info