[Asterisk-Users] Installing the none commercial intelg729codecs into Asterisk@Home 2.2?

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Sun Jan 22 12:43:24 MST 2006

> non-commercial is a misnomer, the patent may still apply for
> your usage, then again it may not.  The libraries that are
> used are intels IPP which are free for non-commercial
> non-distribution purposes, if you want to distribute you have
> to pay intel money, but that gives you the core from which a
> patch file can be applied, that gives you an asterisk
> compatible module, which does the g729 and g723 codecs.

On the site from which the OP got these modules from (I assume) there are
also gcc compiled modules which may help to alleviate some of the legal
concerns if the g729-specific patents aren't valid in your jurisdiction.

IANAL and you should take independent legal advice if you feel appropriate.

Regards,

Chris