[Asterisk-Users] Gen. Question

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Sun Jan 22 11:45:01 MST 2006

 <RANT>
Funny your concerned about copyrights and moral issues regarding the
work of others.

One question you may want to ask YOURSELF is:

	Why would I use as my email a copyrighted work followed by the
name of the Company that owns the copyright???

asteriskdigum at yahoo.com, Come on!!  Who are you trying to fool? Are you
out for the fast buck, by having someone that thinks you work for Digium
hire you???

This is the same as using windowsmicrosoft at gmail.com, or
supoprtcisco at gmail.com.

Many people on the list may be able to look past the email as see that
you are an:
1	individual that understands asterisk and digium hardware
2	just happens to have an email account at Yahoo.

But many will not.

If you are only using the email for the list you should have used an
email that reflects that, Not an email that would server only to
confuse. I would be more concerned with the bad 'vibe' of your funky
email address than anything else.

</rant>

Goong back to your question, I would add at the top of stuff you 'save'
on your server, the original URL of the site it was found. That why you
can give proper credit to the source. Many sites, disappear for various
reasons, that's why I have a 'cache' of those sites. Voip-info being the
first.  I try to keep the diretory structure I get from wget so I know
where it came from.