[Asterisk-Users] AstTAPI and CallerID Popups

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:36:53 MST 2006

Hi,

We are currently experimenting with the AstTAPI driver for desktop
integration. For outgoing calls, it seems to work exactly as expected.
For incoming call alerting on the other hand, I am struggling a bit.

I am using IdentaPop Pro as suggested in the Wiki, and if I enable
debug, I can see "TAPI OnCallerID" events arriving okay, but nothing
pops-up.

I BELIEVE that what is happening is that the callerID is send
correctly at first, but when the next TAPI "Ringing" indicator is
sent, the callerID is empty in the TAPI data, which suppresses the
popup.

Can anyone shed any light on this if they have it working?

Many thanks,
Steve Davies