[Asterisk-Users] (newbie) using dtmf during a call

moritz erstens at gmx.ch
Thu Jan 19 09:30:30 MST 2006

hi, im complete new with asterisk, so..
i want  to be able using dtmf during a call, for execute a application.
Now i'm still making phonecalls trough a sip-adapter (Linksys pap2) with
my soundcart from server, and i receive in the asterisk-console putting
some digits from a analog-telephon:" << Console receive digit 1 >> " e.g.
Now how can i execute some application with this digit?.
I have tried, to execute with a shellscript to exploit my applications
from the asterisk-console but this console seems to be not really
shell-compatible?

I want to use it for a art-performance, so im using asterisk not for a
company.

..and sorry for my bad english
thanks for any hints for a
very asterisk-newbie