[Asterisk-Users] Fritz card technology & German *

Chris Earle (CBL) cearle at cbltech.ca
Thu Jan 19 09:00:17 MST 2006

Thanks for all the posts everyone

So yes, we have 4 channels, so I'm going to need 2x Fritz cards -- but I
would rather not have to apply patches just to get the two PCI cards to work
in the same box

The price difference between the cards you guys mentioned is interesting

I have also heard about BERONET isdn cards?  a single Beronet 4-channel card
would suffice I think?

Thing is, whatever the legacy system in place already is (this is not a
fresh operation) must have some sort of minor PBX in place, where all the
phones are plugged in.  So I would have to remove that and could use a TDM
card to plug the phones in?  These phones, isdn etc -- probably aren't
analog -- probably don't work with a TDM card right?
So I think what you were suggesting John is ISDN channel cards and a TDM in
the same machine?  with * just bridging calls between the two?

Interesting. :-S

Chris Earle