[Asterisk-Users] Fritz card technology & German *

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Jan 18 23:53:38 MST 2006

On Thu, January 19, 2006 0:13, Hans Witvliet said:
> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 11:45 +0000, John Daragon wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> You can't use a Digium card because Digium doesn't make an ISDN2 card.
>>
> <snip>
>
> If i see how many questions/complaints there are on the list about
> isdn/bri
> i would allmost wonder why digium does not make a single/quad active bri
> board....
> Bri may not be popular as PRI in the usa, here in NL it's quite the
> opposite. PRI is way off limits for SOHO: it costs an arm and a leg
> initially and several toes a month ;-)

I hear ya! We're using several BRI's rather than a PRI. We do not need the
full complement of channels a PRI offers, but if prices were more
reasonable we might have considered it anyway, simply because 1 PRI is
much easier than several BRI's.

Prices are so outrageous though that we settled for multiple BRI's and
take the extra hassle for what it is...

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch