[Asterisk-Users] Fax sending with asterisk 1.2.1

Allan Gee allang at equation.co.za
Thu Jan 19 00:36:53 MST 2006

Hi there,
	I have google'ed and wiki'ed for days now and get nowhere.
I tried all the spandsp versions with all the recommended libtiff versions and the best I can get is:
Rxfax works with spandsp-0.0.2pre21 and tiff-3.7.1 from source
TxFax gives me some of the fax but it is messed up.
I have done all the gain adjustments

What I would like is for someone to answer me with what works for them, and I mean sending faxes not just receiving faxes.
I forgot to mention that I am trying to send a fax via a TDM card and not over IP.
It's like this:

Asterisk--->TDM Card--->PSTN---->fax machine
The method of sending a fax file is via a call file.

Regards Allan Gee
Phone: +27 21 4644400 Ext. 103
www.equation.co.za