[Asterisk-Users] detect when grab up the phone

Wile gugaizlist at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 18 09:30:43 MST 2006

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Wile wrote:
>
> > Does Asterisk has any way to detect when the destine grabs up the phone,
> > via SIP protocol. I need this in order to start a radius event.
> >
> > If this can't be done, I would like to know is there is any extension,
> > or software that can accomplish what I need.
> >
> > Thanks, in advance..
>
> Do you mean to know in Asterisk immediately the SIP phone is picked up to
> dial?
>
> Usually Asterisk doesn't know anything until the INVITE arrives when the
> user has dialled.
>
> Perhaps you can configure your phone to an "immediate" or hotline mode
> where it dials Asterisk immediately the handset is picked up?  Then you
> can setup Asterisk to play dialtone and accept the number.
>
> Steve

Steve, the problem is that Asterisk has to call throught a service provider, and then
the provider calls the regular phone. What I need is, in Asterisk, to detect the real time
when the fixed phone's handset has been grabbed (I mean the other side phone).
In the CDR logs I have the information when the call has endeded, but I need, in real time,
when it has started.

Wile