[Asterisk-Users] detect when grab up the phone

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jan 18 08:56:36 MST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Wile wrote:

> Does Asterisk has any way to detect when the destine grabs up the phone,
> via SIP protocol. I need this in order to start a radius event.
>
> If this can't be done, I would like to know is there is any extension,
> or software that can accomplish what I need.
>
> Thanks, in advance..

Do you mean to know in Asterisk immediately the SIP phone is picked up to
dial?

Usually Asterisk doesn't know anything until the INVITE arrives when the
user has dialled.

Perhaps you can configure your phone to an "immediate" or hotline mode
where it dials Asterisk immediately the handset is picked up?  Then you
can setup Asterisk to play dialtone and accept the number.

Steve