[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Sound Issue

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jan 18 09:05:07 MST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Kevin wrote:

> I am able to call between all the phones and talk to anyone that answers
> it, hardly any problems that can't be corrected by tweaking a few
> things. The problem I am running into is sound, for say the demo, voice
> mail, etc. If I program say a beep, or echo, that works fine. But there
> is no music on hold playback for example. Looking at the CLI during
> playback I see the the following:

You probably have a zaptel device in your box that is not working or
getting interrupts or similar.  Or perhaps ztdummy loaded and not working.

Your symptoms are that Asterisk is trying to get clocking from zaptel but
the clock ain't ticking.

To test, remove chan_zap.so from /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and see if the
problem goes away.

Steve