[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Sound Issue

Kevin kevin at locker70.com
Wed Jan 18 07:44:25 MST 2006

Hello everyone,

I have tried finding on forums, archives, etc. for this problem and have
found nothing related to the issue. I have an asterisk server running
Fedora Core 4. It has a public IP address and our phones will be behind
a NAT firewall. Right now, I have two soft phones, one on my system at
work (NAT) and the other at home (also NAT). I also have a hard phone
that for now has a public IP address as well.

I am able to call between all the phones and talk to anyone that answers
it, hardly any problems that can't be corrected by tweaking a few
things. The problem I am running into is sound, for say the demo, voice
mail, etc. If I program say a beep, or echo, that works fine. But there
is no music on hold playback for example. Looking at the CLI during
playback I see the the following:

-- Executing Playback("SIP/budgeTone-90c3", "demo-thanks") in new stack
-- Playing 'demo-thanks' (language 'en')
== Spawn extension (local, #, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/budgeTone-90c3'

However, while running tcpdump, I do not see any traffic leaving the
asterisk server and coming back to the phone. I checked the sip debug
and there was nothing that I missed. I didn't include any logs besides
that one because I forgot to get them from the office before I left.
Which if they are needed I will be in tomorrow so I can send those.

Has anyone encountered this issue before or have any idea how to correct
it. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin