[Asterisk-Users] CALLERIDNAME/CALLERIDNUM Deprecation

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Jan 18 07:49:09 MST 2006

Mark Hulber wrote:

> exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERIDNAME})

This could never have accomplished anything, since those two references
affect the exact same variable internally.

> because I want the outgoing callerid that I forward to not be the normal
> callerid of the local extension but I want to forward the incoming
> callerid.  Now that CALLERIDNAME is deprecated, how do I differentiate
> between the CALLERID on the incoming channel and the callerid set on the
> outgoing channel?  The deprecation advice seems to suggest that I change
> my set statement to:
>
> exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=CALLERID(name))

You'll have to more clearly define what you want to accomplish;
normally, the Dial() application sets the CLID/CNAM info on the outgoing
channel based on what is present on the channel placing the call.