[Asterisk-Users] CALLERIDNAME/CALLERIDNUM Deprecation

Mark Hulber asterisk-admin at hulber.com
Wed Jan 18 07:33:51 MST 2006

Previously, when I wanted to forward to incoming callerid when I
forwarded a call to another number I had to set the callerid on the
outgoing call to be that of the incoming number.  So today I do this:

exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERIDNAME})

because I want the outgoing callerid that I forward to not be the normal
callerid of the local extension but I want to forward the incoming
callerid.  Now that CALLERIDNAME is deprecated, how do I differentiate
between the CALLERID on the incoming channel and the callerid set on the
outgoing channel?  The deprecation advice seems to suggest that I change
my set statement to:

exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(name)=CALLERID(name))

which doesn't clearly make any sense to me.  The function info suggests
there is an <optional-CID> parameter but I don't know what the options are.

MARK.