[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe Listen Only flag (|m)

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Jan 18 04:05:19 MST 2006

In article <B0CF4196F21DC0448367514774331AB7E82F53 at scl-exch2k3.phoenix.com>,
Dan Austin <Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com> wrote:
> One of the features that I thought would be popular with the Web-MeetMe
> suite is the ability to start all non-admin callers in a muted state and
> selectively unmute them.  For example any large conference that is
> of an announcment nature with a Q&A session.
>
> It's probably a feature I should have tested better, but I just
> discovered
> that a caller that is joined to a MeetMe with the |m flag cannot be
> unmuted with command *cli>meetme unmute $confno $caller-no
>
> Is anyone using MeetMe for such conferences, and if so what combination
> of flags do you use, and how do you change their state from Listen Only
> to Talk&Listen?

I needed the same functionality. There wasn't a way to do it in the current
version of MeetMe. Also, the current muting logic is a bit of a mess.

I reworked the muting logic, and changed MeetMe so that an 'l' flag meant
listen-only (like the current 'm'), and an 'm' flag meant initially-muted.

I also put in Manager Events to inform when a user was muted or unmuted.

I should tidy it up and submit it, but haven't got round to it :-(

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield