[Asterisk-Users] Building from scratch, would like the benefit of everyone's experience

Michael Sampson msampson at yourccsteam.com
Tue Jan 17 08:13:04 MST 2006

You could probably save some money by building the server from scratch
rather than buying a dell. I would at least buy a 2 port T-1 card, just
cause you're better off keeping only one card in the system and its only
a few hundred dollars more for the 2 port. This will make it easier if
you ever need to add another T-1 line.

They do make IP phones with built in switches or routers. I think that
with IP phones you tend to get what you pay for. I would think almost
any phone would allow a static IP.

If you are new to asterisk I think you should be able to do everything
you are looking to do with Asterisk at Home.

Michael Sampson
Information Systems Manager
Customer Contact Services
msampson at yourccsteam.com