[Asterisk-Users] Call Center and Predictive dialing

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:30:25 MST 2006

Hello,

We have been using vicidial for over 2 years now for our inbound and
outbound call centers. We have four locations with over 200 seats
across them. Recently we released a development version of VICIDIAL
that allows for load balancing across multiple servers. This has
greatly helped our effeciency and allows for a greater degree of
scalability.

As far as my last count there are close to 100 call centers, from 1
seat to 350 seats, that currently use VICIDIAL in production. It
certainly is not perfect, but it is becoming more fully featured every
month and being open source greatly helps with the fast development of
the codebase.

EASE OF USE- well, I think it's easy to use you just have to get used
to how it works just like any piece of software, not necessarily
simple to setup, but we do have a lot of documentation for setting it
up. All interfaces are web-based and work on any semi-modern OS that
supports a recent web browser.
STABILITY- Vicidial will run on Asterisk versions from CVS 2003-11-21
to 1.0 tree to 1.2 tree to the new development branch. It is basically
as stable as your Asterisk installation is.
FEATURE SET- Not up to the level of $2 million commercial call center
system, but the code and database are open so you can get it to do
almost anything you want it to and we are adding features all the
time.
OPEN SOURCE- That one's easy, it's GPL

There is another GPL-Asterisk-based dialer project out there too which
has also been making great strides in the last year: GnuDialer. They
have a different approach to the backend of the dialer and tend to
focus on some different elements that VICIDIAL has not spent as much
time on.

Hope that helps,

MATT---