[Asterisk-Users] Choosing an FXO card

Mike Hemstock mike at csits.net
Sun Jan 15 17:18:18 MST 2006

Folks,

I'm looking at buying an FXO card for my home Asterisk setup.  The question I
have is, should I got for a the Digium Wildcard FXO or settle for the
winmodem that Digium sell?  I have spoken to the UK distributor and they only
sell the Wildcard.  They said that the quality of the modem was questionable.
Does anyone have any experience of this?  Is the modem noticeably different
from the Wildcard in terms of quality?  Does it do things the modem doesn't?
Basically, it it worth putting out an extra £90 for the Wildcard?

Many thanks,
Mike.