[Asterisk-Users] uplink call quality issues

Esteban Guana-Jarrin egua5261 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 15 19:20:17 MST 2006

Hi

Can someone please help with the following,

We are using asterisk at home 1.5 and SIP trunks to communicate to the PSTN
network. We are having some problems with the call quality.
Although we can hear the other person's voice quite clear when making or
receiving a call, we get complaints from the people on the other end saying
that our voices sound very unclear, low and
that the voice drops, therefore people on the other end can not understand
what we are saying. But as I said in our end their voices sound clear.

I have checked network wise and found no latency problems within our small
LAN, with our VoIP provider and reaching  their SIP server's IP address,
also the CPU load in the asterisk server has been graphed and does not
exceed the normal CPU load levels

Any assistance will be very much appreciated

PolAus

Buy now @ Tradingpost.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Eau%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fclk%3B24875379%3B12369854%3Ba%3Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpost%2Ecom%2Eau%3Freferrer%3DnmsnHMetagv1&_t=752643439&_r=hotmailtagline&_m=EXT