[Asterisk-Users] Ugly echo cancel, with Bristuff/Zaphfc

Omadon omadon at globalnet.hr
Sat Jan 14 23:49:10 MST 2006

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 04:56:57AM +0100, Pisac wrote:
> I'm using bristuffed Asterisk with ISDN/ZAPHFC
> I have VERY ugly (outgoing) sound through ISDN/HFC if echocancel=yes in
> zapata.conf, but without echocancel I have bad (incoming) echo
> Through PSTN/FXO sound is ok with or without echocancel.

This will probably not help you but this is my experience. I'm using
zaphfc with flor'z patch. It works great with 3 zaphfc cards (didn't try more).
Only time i noticed problem is when zaphfc shared interrupt with other stuff.
On time it shared interrupt with ide controller and there was no way to rid of
echo. I moved card to another slot and every thing was perfect.

Same thing is when you have more hfc cards make shure that primary card
(in case of flor'z patch) doesn't share interrupt.