[Asterisk-Users] RE:read .what else to do ?

Taiwo Oluyemi taiworesearch at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 09:46:02 MST 2006

 Thanks .Find My replies in between your lines
"Please note that recent IOS has SIP NAT traversal turned on by default.

I believe that it only supports internal UA / external server.

Since you also want the opposite, you should probably turn it off:

no ip nat service sip tcp port 5060

no ip nat service sip udp port 5060

Some IOS versions will even crash on SIP behind NAT.  See

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-January/033718.html”

Hope your comment above will not affect the Natting configuration on my router . What will be the effect of me turning it off ?

“You don't say what's failing.  "Make calls outside our LAN" sounds like

you are trying to call using a VoIP provider that Asterisk registers

with.  But "your remote SIP phones" is something different; which of

the above are failing?  Are the registrations successful?  Is it just

the RTP that's not working (in which case the called phone will still

ring)?  If not, what error or timeout is reported?”

We are not using a VOIP service provider, we use asterisks server behind a nat device (Cisco router), and the asterisk server is connected to an E1 link. We can make and receive calls on pc with xten  that is on the same private LAN with the asterisk server

“If * verbose and/or debug logs don't show precisely what is going

wrong,

use Ethereal (on both sides of the router if necessary) to see what

is happening.”

How can I use verbose and/or debug logs and Ethereal