[Asterisk-Users] double ringing tone on asterisk 1.2

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 07:32:50 MST 2006

Rich Adamson ha scritto:

>>>Are you by chance including an "r" option in the dialplan entries
>>>associated with these calls?
>>>
>>>If so, try removing it.
>>>

>>no, I'm including it on client asterisk boxes to partially solve the
>>problem (since it stops the double tuuu and sends a fake ringtone till
>>the call is answered), but it's not a nice solution since you have no
>>real call indication
>>

>Since there does not seem to be anyone else complaining about the same
>problem, there must be something in your config that is causing it.
>Without specific copy/paste samples of what you've configured, no one
>is going to be able to guess at what you are doing.
>
>Given the issue is happening with both PRI's and IAX links, I'd have to
>guess that you've got something wrong in extensions.conf.

is something like :

exten => _X.,1,AGI(agidial.py|${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Dial(${STR_DIAL})

where STR_DIAL is given the right value by the agi, something like
'/zap/g15/00511265'
and on the cli I can see

    -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from xxx :
       > requested format = alaw,
       > requested prefs = (),
       > actual format = alaw,
       > host prefs = (alaw|g726),
       > priority = mine
    -- Executing AGI("IAX2/xxx-39", "agidial.py|00511265") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/agidial.py
    -- AGI Script agidial.py completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Dial("IAX2/xxx-39", "Zap/g15/00511265") in new stack
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
    -- Called g15/00511265

the complete call path is :
lynksys pap -sip> asterisk client -iax> asterisk server -zap||iax>
somewhere outside my scope

or :
lynksys pap -sip> asterisk server -zap||iax> somewhere outside my scope

the problem occurs in both cases