[Asterisk-Users] double ringing tone on asterisk 1.2

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Jan 14 05:46:47 MST 2006

> >> the problem appears no matter where I terminate the call (IAX or
> >> Zap), and I don't have that problem on a 1.0.7 connected to the same
> >> PRI lines and IAX servers , what I have to check ? looked in confif
> >> files but appears to be the same (indications, modules loaded, iax,
> >> zapata, the dial in extensions is the same)
> >

> > Are you by chance including an "r" option in the dialplan entries
> > associated with these calls?
> >
> > If so, try removing it.
>
> no, I'm including it on client asterisk boxes to partially solve the
> problem (since it stops the double tuuu and sends a fake ringtone till
> the call is answered), but it's not a nice solution since you have no
> real call indication

Since there does not seem to be anyone else complaining about the same
problem, there must be something in your config that is causing it.
Without specific copy/paste samples of what you've configured, no one
is going to be able to guess at what you are doing.

Given the issue is happening with both PRI's and IAX links, I'd have to
guess that you've got something wrong in extensions.conf.