[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Prepaid Solution

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Fri Jan 13 16:24:57 MST 2006

Darren Wiebe wrote:

> JP Carballo wrote:
>
>> Ronald Ramos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Any solution on how I can implement prepaid billing on asterisk?
>>> But not the calling card type, just a simple Custome rwill buy
>>> credit, consume then buy again.
>>> Also, is there a solution for that when you combine asterisk with ser?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ronald
>>

>> Hi Ronald,
>>
>> Check the prepaid applications here for ideas:
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Prepaid+Applications
>> ASTPP, which is based on ASTCC is highly recommended.
>> http://www.aleph-com.net/astpp
>>
>> Myself, I've implemented what you aim to do using ASTCC hooked to the
>> shopping cart Virtuemart/Joomla.
>> Customers register through Virtuemart/Joomla, then a "card" is
>> created on ASTPP.
>> When they buy a "refill card" through the store, their account is
>> credited.
>

> That's cool!  I have been working on integrating ASTPP with
> oscommerce.  I had hoped to have a release out for Jan 1st but I am
> behind.  Check out the astpp demo.   www.astpp.org

Thanks Darren!
The backend is really a hybrid of ASTCC and ASTPP's calling card part.

I remember telling you about a month ago that I had osCommerce setup and
was trying to get either ASTCC or ASTPP to work with it.
I gave up, lol. I was spending far too much time "patching" osCommerce.
Imho, Virtuemart/Joomla is much easier to customize and maintain.

The only hurdle I see is Virtuemart's current inability to handle
recurring charges or monthly payments.
Once a module exists for that, I can use ASTPP's postpaid capabilities.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.