[Asterisk-Users] queus & agents

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Fri Jan 13 14:27:30 MST 2006

Dov Bigio wrote:
> No, I am using different Agent IDs, since I need agents to answer just one
> queue at a time... that is, I need person A to answer to the sales queue
> today, and the support queue tomorrow, and maybe both queues at the same
> time on the day after... :(

Well not completely.  You are free to use callback agents and then dynamically
add or remove them from various queues throughout the week.  You can have a
static member of a queue(defined in queues.conf) and dynamically remove and add
them however you want...just that when Asterisk reloads or starts up they will
automatically be a member.

You can make a menu or some special extensions for use that will do the add and
removing for you.  If it is a change that is always done and you don't want the
end users to do you it, you could make a script that will run on a specific day
of the week and do the (asterisk -rx "add queue member Agent/foo to
queueA";asterisk -rx "remove queue member Agent/foo from queueB") in crontab.

Depends on your needs, I suggest looking at what may change in the future and
making it easy to modify down the road.

> So it seems that there is not easy solution for me... I'll try with an
> external application using manager api to Pause agents on one queue when
> they are busy on the other

That will likely work, however you may want to try one of the above first.  I
can give you a better example of the above with more information off list.

--johann