[Asterisk-Users] Low Speed Software Modem

Mike Gach mike at tweedman.com
Fri Jan 13 06:58:33 MST 2006

Hello All,
  I would like to implement the alpha-paging part of a paging terminal on
an Asterisk box. In software if possible. I need the features of a 1200
to 9600 BAUD data modem (error correction not needed). I have googled,
and found IAXmodem and rx_fax, but thay seem tailored to faxing.
  Does anyone know if either of these can be used as a slow data modem (I
could not tell from their docs). Or, if there is any other module that I
missed.

Thank You
--
Mike G