[Asterisk-Users] Use Grandstream ATA as trunk

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Fri Jan 13 07:41:02 MST 2006

Hi All,

I have a GSM box, which needs to connect to a analogue phone line. I've
plugged the GSM box to a Grandstream ATA (386). This ATA has extension
number 600. Now what I want to accomplish is the following:

- If a mobile-number is chosen by a user, asterisk needs to call the ATA
(600), wait for a few seconds, and then send the mobile-phonenumber. Or,
if it's possible, define the ATA as a trunk, and then send an INVITE
message to the ATA. For example: say the ATA has IP address
192.168.0.10, and I want to make a call to 0612345678; Asterisk sends
out an INVITE like INVITE 0612345678 at 192.168.0.10.

Can the above be done?

If so, can anyone give me some hints on how to do this?!

Thanks in advance,

Ronald Voermans