[Asterisk-Users] AEL2 -- The Future --

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Fri Jan 13 12:04:06 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:24 -0700, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Does ael support #include statements yet?
> Is there any way to perform a reload in asterisk and reload extensions.ael?
>
> If both of these aren't available yet, then AEL isn't ready for real-world use.
>
> Doug.

Oh, and one more thing about the reload of AEL2---
                                           ----

I provide in the patch, in the utils/ subdir, the standalone exec,
aelparse, which will parse the file and generate any errors it might
have during the load. It is far better to lint out the problems before
feeding it to asterisk, and taking the whole switch out of commission
whilst you muck with the file.

There are a bunch of errors I just plain will not be able to detect
before run-time. Hopefully you don't have to use reload until all the
syntax and semantic errors are cleaned up.

murf

--
Steve Murphy <murf at e-tools.com>
Electronic Tools Company