[Asterisk-Users] Call Transfer

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Fri Jan 13 10:58:46 MST 2006

I would use asterisk's built in blind or attended transfer features.
This way the system is based around dtmf and the users aren't tied to a
specific model of phone to accomodate future upgrades.

In order to do this I would recommend editing features.conf so blindxfer
= ** instead of *.  A single * for transfer makes it real difficult to
use banking and other IVRs that ask you to press #.

Then, in each necessary Dial cmd of your dialplan, make sure there is a
t or a T in the options to enable either the called or calling users to
initiate the transfer.

More details about the Dial command:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Dial

Moj

Dave Morrow wrote:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction.  My users (all using Sipura
> SPA-841 phones) need the ability to transfer a call to another number.
> How can I setup a dial plan to do this?
>

> David A. Morrow
> Technical Systems Lead
> Autodata Solutions Company
> _David.Morrow at Autodata.Net_ <mailto:David.Morrow at Autodata.Net>
> _http://www.autodatasolutions.com_
>
> NEW !!! Tel: (519) 963-3020
> Fax: (519) 451-6615
>
> < Lead, follow or get out of the way! >
>
> This message has originated from Autodata Solutions. The attached
> material is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata
> Solutions. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
> are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete
> this message and notify the Autodata system administrator at_
> __Administrator at autodata.net <____mailto:Administrator at autodata.net__>_

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC
(907) 747-6666 x112