[Asterisk-Users] NOTIFY authentication

Reto Kortas retokortas at gmx.de
Fri Jan 13 09:39:16 MST 2006

Hi,

does anybody know if asterisk can authenticate on a NOTIFY send to a peer.

I use OpenSER as SIP-Proxy and asterisk as voicemail system with ODBC
Support for voicemail-messages, voicemail-users and sip-peers/users. My
SIP-Users register with OpenSER.
Asterisk has two views on the OpenSER database for voicemail-users and
sip-peers.

Call-Routing, leaving voicemail-messages in database an MWI notification
form asterisk through OpenSER to the SIP-Phones works well.

No, I want that asterisk has to authenticate on a NOTIFY request send to
OpenSER.
He sends NOTIFYs to users which have messages in their boxes and OpenSER
respond with a "407 Proxy Auth Required".
But asterisk don't care about the 407 response.
I want him to authenticate with his username/secret date. The register with
this data on OpenSER works well.

Can asterisk authenticate on a 407 response receiving on a send NOTIFY?

Thx Reto