[Asterisk-Users] SIP phones unbeatable echo

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 04:30:21 MST 2006

On 1/12/06, Dan Elder <isbeen at izmedia.com> wrote:
> Hey all again, I'm wrestling with echo problems on our sip extensions. I've
> set these items in zapata.conf but tweaking these values doesn't seem to
> make much difference

I assume from this that you are referring to SIP extensions making
calls out of some Zaptel supported hardware - What hardware, and what
sort of line?

> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> echotraining=2500
I have never heard of this being set higher that 800. If I understand
correctly, "echotraining=2500" will cause the line to be muted for 2.5
seconds at the start of a call!

> rxgain=8.0
> txgain=1.0
Defeating echo often involves reducing these values - This will depend
on the hardware and the line type you are using.

> are there other settings that can help me tame this beast? Been searching
> but not turning up anything that'll work here.

Which version of asterisk? Which EC is compiled into Zaptel? More info
is needed...

Regards,
Steve