[Asterisk-Users] Dropping incompatible voice frame

Joseph Rothstein jrothstein at comcentrixs.com
Thu Jan 12 12:56:20 MST 2006

I have been getting the following messages on Asterisk for a couple of my
client's SNOM phones:

7881 Jan 12 14:52:22 NOTICE[6538] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice
frame on Local/928 at sanset-74cc,2 of format slin since our native format has
changed to ulaw
8185 Jan 12 14:52:28 NOTICE[6538] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice
frame on Local/928 at sanset-74cc,2 of format slin since our native format has
changed to ulaw

Messages received for almost 6 secs, generating more than 300 log messages.

The next occurrence was an hour later or so, lasting 16 secs, generating
more than 800 messages.

8186  Jan 12 15:58:14 NOTICE[6773] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice
frame on Local/928 at sanset-0e2a,2 of format slin since our native format has
changed to ulaw
8999  Jan 12 15:58:30 NOTICE[6773] channel.c: Dropping incompatible voice
frame on Local/928 at sanset-0e2a,2 of format slin since our native format has
changed to ulaw

Sip.conf is setup to use only g729 for these SNOM phones. The SNOMs are also
setup to use first g729. G729 licenses are available no problem. There is no
error message or anything out of the ordinary preceeding these messages.

If any one has any ideas regarding these messages, and what is causing them
I would really appreciate a response.

Regards to all,
Joe