[Asterisk-Users] Build Error - ZT_EVENT_DTMFDIGIT

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 12 16:03:31 MST 2006

hugolivude wrote:

> I checked out the wiki.  Just to confirm, if I issue the command:
>
>  # svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk asterisk
>
> I'd get the most recent _working_ version of Asterisk.  But if I issue
> the command:
>
>  # svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.2 asterisk-1.2
>
> I'd get the most recent _stable_ version of Asterisk.

No. The wiki needs different wording, if that is what it says :-)

'trunk' is the development branch, and there is no guarantee at any time
that it will work, or not eat your server for lunch. Most of the time it
does work, but sometimes it is badly broken.

'branches/1.2' is the most recent release branch; it has entered
maintenance mode and receives only bug fixes (not new features). There
is particular 'stable'-ness to it, other than that if it works in your
application, it should continue to do so, even as new releases are made,
since they will contain only bug fixes.