[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer issue with a Cisco CCM/phone (Peckham, Christopher)

Paul Davidson planac at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:20:55 MST 2006

Christopher-

Nothing like defining a complicated environment.  I do have some experience
in this arena- but unfortunately, not with the OH323 driver- I generally
stick to the Nufone driver, as I find it more reliable overall.  YMMV.  One
thing that might help is if you could tell us if it ever worked, or if this
is a new problem that's cropped up since a particular change.

Still- there are two areas to check- one, I'd start up some debugs on your
gatekeeper, to see if the call is being signalled properly to Asterisk, and
on Asterisk itself, to see what's being passed in.  This is critical- I'm
betting this is a simple case of dialplan mangling- but only the debug logs
will tell.

Secondly, I know that in the CCM trunk definitions, it's important to ensure
the trunk definition follows the recommendations *exactly*.  A big killer
here is the 'Media Termination Point Required' box- generally, for
transfers, you need one- and it needs to be functional.  Your CCM
administrator should be able to verify that it's defined and working- but
CCM is not a simple setup.  (I've done it, a couple of times).  There are
also version differences- you don't mention what release of CCM you're
running, for example.  CCM doesn't always comply with 'the rules' of
H.323as we know them- they are known to do some non-standard things,
and various
channel drivers can take offence with that.  If SIP is available (CCM
4.0and above), you may want to consider re-architecting to it, as a
good many
of these problems go away under SIP.

-Paul Davidson
 PlanCommunications, LLC.